Each year PGSF awards 200, or more, college level scholarships ranging in value from $2,000 to $5,000. The scholarships continue with the student as long as a 3.0 GPA is maintained, so that students only need apply once.
Many PGSF scholarship recipients received scholarships through their full college career. The new poster will be used beginning in academic year 2011–2012. A hard copy must be submitted by the instructor. The winner of the contest must submit all files required for reproduction.
Entries are due by April 10, 2011.
Judging will be in April and the winner will be notified by May 15. Please encourage students in your school to enter the PGSF Poster Competition either as individuals or as part of class assignment or project. Additional printed copies of the current poster will be available if that would be of help. Please contact me and let me know how many copies you would like.
Poster design entries must include the following;
- Prominent display of the name Print and Graphics Scholarship Foundation (PGSF).
- Emphasis on the availability of scholarships.
- List of applicant qualifications (see current poster for list)
- Visible dates when scholarship applications are due (see current poster for dates).
- Show address and contact information (see current poster for details).
- Posters will be printed in 11×17-in. size for display in schools. Poster will also be printed as small as 5½× 8½-in. in books or used as display on a webpage. Please consider these dimensions when creating the graphics or choosing a typeface.
- Include entrant’s school name and name of creative designer or names of team members. Please place near lower border in smaller type.
- Bright and highly visible colors are suggested.
The winning entrant will receive an award certificate and will be honored in a national news release. More than 2,000 full size posters will be distributed to other schools with graphics programs. If you have any questions or if I may be of assistance please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 412-259-1740.
Bernie Eckert, Program Administrator
Can you do better?